Friday, July 24, 2009

Wine: 2003 Cobblestone Cabernet Sauvignon


The 2003 Cobblestone Cabernet Sauvignon was Big, Bold, Spicy, and packed a bit of punch. I'm still in my early stages of wine tasting, but I tasted a bit of cherry with a big hint of spice. I have really enjoyed spicy wines and was in love with this particular one. We had it with filet mignon--absolutely great together--and finished it off with dark chocolate.

The 2003 Cobblestone comes from Napa Valley of which I have many vivid memories. My brother and I complained during every trip to Napa Valley because we were bored out of our minds. My parents were busy tasting wine and my brother and I were busy trying to find creative ways to have fun (which probably was beating one another up). I've been to many of the wine regions in California, but still have not ventured to Napa Valley as an adult. I'm quite sure when I do get there that I'll have a totally different experience. Cheers.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'll have to search this wine
out and give it a try, the
cherry undertone sounds exquisite.
Wish I knew more about wine.

food.wine.sunshine said...

Yeah!! You should drink more wine. The more you try, the better off. You're bound to find one you'll like.