Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bison Burgers with Parmesan Potatoes

This afternoon I sat down in front of the television to relax. I'm on summer vacation and only have about 4 more days of freedom. So, I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible. Rachel Ray was on. I love catching her show just to see what she's preparing. It just so happened she was preparing a recipe of burgers and fries. I had the perfect idea for dinner this evening. I already had the ground meat and the mushrooms. Luckily, I live within walking distance of the grocery store. So, within a 15minute trip, I had the other ingredients, too.

For my recipe I used ground bison from the local farmer's market instead of her recommendation of veal and sirloin. Bison meat is very lean, healthy, and flavorful. I wish we had Farmer's markets each day of the week here--I would probably spend all of my money there. If you have a FM nearby, it is worth the trip (and money) to try meat from animals that have not been pumped with hormones and are fed from the grasses of the land. Also, instead of using the Marsala wine, I used leftover Pinot Noir from the night before--yum!

Here is the original recipe from the Rachel Ray website. The parmesan potato recipe is at the bottom of the burger recipe.

Bon Apetit.

No comments: