Friday, August 14, 2009

Recipe: Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon


My parents just came back from an amazing trip to Alaska. They enjoyed their one week cruise exploring this beautiful state. I've never been, but that is one place on my list of travels. My parents brought back two gifts for me--nail polish and canned smoked Alaskan Salmon. Guess they thought I could use a little bit of both! The company, Salmon etc., recommends many recipes that may be made from their selections of salmon. I made smoked salmon fettuccine. The salmon is so flavorful that not much else is needed with the pasta. I ate it with a side of steamed broccoli and squash.



Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 17 minutes

Ingredients:
*6 oz. can of silver lining smoked salmon
*3 T butter
*2 T green onions
*1/2 pint heavy cream
*Juice from half a lemon
*1/2 bunch parsley finely chopped
*Box of fettuccine

Preparation:
1. Cook half of fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Melt butter in skillet.
3. Add green onions and salmon.
4. Cook 2 minutes over low to medium heat.
5. Add the cream and lemon juice. I also added a splash of white wine.
6. Simmer until it thickens. About 8 or so minutes.
7. Pour over fettuccine
8. Serve and Enjoy

No comments: